House flipping is a type of real estate investment strategy in which an investor purchases properties with the goal of reselling them for a profit. A fix and flip is an excellent way to quickly make money from real estate, and with wise decisions, can be a long-term investment or retirement strategy. A lot of people dream of getting into the business of fixing and flipping houses, but funding is the number one obstacle. You need capital to purchase homes and cover the cost of renovations before you can flip them for a profit.
House Flipping is not just a matter of buying a house and selling it for a profit, but also there are so many costs involved. For examples:
- The purchase price of the house.
- Rehab costs.
- Appraisals and inspections carried out on the property (for example for beetles, pests or foundation inspections).
- Holding costs, realtor fees, and closing costs.
- Loan interest and fees.
- Down payments on loans.
If you’re thinking about flipping, you’re probably looking to acquire an investment property and then fix it up to sell at a higher price. If so, here are four top financing options to help you get started:
1. Get A Hard Money Loan: Hard money loans are the best financing option for novices or borrowers with a bad credit score. Hard money lenders can get you funds quickly to buy the house that you will flip as well as pay for any of the costs. Loan approval of a hard money loan is far easier than obtaining a more traditional loan. Hard money loans usually have terms of less than one year and interest rates of 12% to 18%, plus two to five points. Hard money lenders can finance up to 65% of the home’s ARV or after-repair value, which is what you think the house will be worth once the renovations are done.
2. Cash Out Refinance: Its best for the fix and flip investors who have significant equity in an existing investment property or primary residence, but not for those who are just getting started, or for those who still need a bit of extra funding on top of what comes from the cash out refinance.
3. Home Equity Line of Credit: A home equity line of credit is basically taking out a second mortgage as you will also be repaying it over a fixed term, often with a fixed rate of interest. It’s one the best financing option for those flippers who already own a home. Keep in mind, if you do choose this financing option, your home will act as collateral. You risk foreclosure and the loss of your house if you do fall behind in payment. However, if you are confident in your ability to flip a house, it could give you the capital you need to jump-start a new stream of revenue.
4. Conventional Bank Loan: Conventional bank loan is an another financing option that you may opt. Bank pays for the property and you pay the mortgage payments until the house is rehabbed and sold. Its best for experienced flippers who have a great credit score, capital on hand, and significant collateral. For a conventional bank loan, you will have to provide around a 20 to 30 percent down payment of the purchase price on the house you intend to flip. They will also need to know what you intend to use the money for. A traditional money lender may outright refuse to fund it if there are health and safety issues at play. While you intend to fix these issues to flip the home, a traditional money lender generally prefers to fund homes that are already fixed up and livable.
Find the Right Financing Option For You:
If you need capital to flip houses, these are 4 top financing options for flipping houses that you can use to acquire as many properties as you want. Out of these 4 fix and flip funding options, the best one for you depends on the type and condition of the property, your experience with real estate investment, and your personal financial situation. If you are beginner or borrower with bad credit score then hard money loans would be the easiest and fastest financing option you.
To get started on your fix and flip quickly, with most of the funding you need, contact Magna Capital Group, Inc. today to discuss your options. We provide hard money loans at very competitive rates with fast approval and funding. We have proven to be reliable fix and flip lenders and earned many satisfied repeat customers. For more information about loan programs, call us now at (310) 734 4044 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.